A place for the expressing and collecting of interests, ideas and thoughts belonging to an unusual young woman.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
The Coffee Part
My eyes are squinting open. I hear music...the Chi-lites are signing "Oh Girl". I groggily wonder if they are in my room or on the radio. I remember now. I set my alarm clock for radio instead of that sweet buzzing option. I always find I feel harassed every morning by that thing. But the Chi-lites...aaahh. I could just lay here all day and go back to sleep. Downstairs I hear the "ding" of my coffee pot. "Time to make the donuts". I say to Bronx who is obviously dreaming about a giant possum. His eyebrows are twitching and he keeps licking his chops. "It's time to get up," I tell myself. I see it's raining. All of those cutesy Folgers commercials are coming to mind, I imagine a tall handsome man bringing me breakfast in bed... You know the bit with the fresh squeezed orange juice and the scones he just "whipped up". Haha.. not a chance. "Bronx, Bronx...fetch the coffee my love." He looks unmoved,"Bronx?" Yup, I'm on my own this morning. I throw off my covers and find its quite chilly in my room. I cant seem to find my robe so I put on my big woolly sweater.(by the way woolly looks ridiculous with two l's doesn't it.) The house is pretty dark so I turn on all the lamps as I fumble down the stairs. Finally the kitchen and the coffee. "Come to Mama you dark Kona King you." I say of the specialty blend I bought from The Daily Grind. When you live alone you tend to talk to yourself a bit, it doesn't worry me... maybe it should,haha.
I fix my coffee,heavy whipping cream and just a bit of sugar, its my daily calorie splurge. Perching atop one of my ladder back chairs I begin to wonder about Dad. It breaks my heart that we feel so differently about the most important things in life. Dad just feels like Jesus is all inclusive, meaning anyone who donates blood or volunteers at the SPCA is His follower. I beg to differ. Believe me I believe Jesus is love because He tells us so Himself, people however aren't. Daddy naively believes man is basically good and that deep down inside we have an inner goodness and light. We have had this conversation many times, " I always say "Daddy, the only good in people is the good that Jesus brings." I have shown him in the Bible where it says that apart from God we have no good thing but He doesn't take those bits literally so...
Back upstairs I change into my gym clothes. On these rainy days I walk inside with one of those perky dvd physical fitness people. As I march up and down the sitting area the mail man waves at me through the big front window. He winks as he tosses my mail in the slot on the front door. His umbrella is streaming with rain. Embarrassed I smile.
My body is on auto pilot. I'm kicking right and left but thinking about what to discuss during my book club meeting in two hours. I wonder if anyone will come out in this weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment