Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Part I Just Wrote

His green eyes look into mine, and he says. " We really need somebody to mentor the girls in our Bible study." I'm sure my eyebrows lifted and my breathing had returned to normal. He had me a little freaked out for a minute there." They could really use some one on one discipleship.It's just something for you to think about and pray about." He looks out the window to see a group of girls laughing and flirting with some guys. Cassie being among them. I notice that he looks a little more concerned than before. "I just think they need some help maturing in the faith. Another thing too, some of the girls think church is like a club and you get in get a pass and then you're set. I wish you could help them see that there's so much more to life with Jesus than that." " I understand exactly what you mean , I'm really glad you and Pastor Daily are thinking about this. But, what about the guys? Not to put the fellas down but a lot of them are pretty immature to." "You're absolutely right and yes I will working with the guys specifically." " That's great Mark, well listen I'll let you know o.k?" I say as we walk back to the front of the shop. Suddenly the door flies open, and Cassie still smiling from her conversation outside comes sweeping in. "Hi Mark." she waves sweetly. Interesting. "Hey Jenna I wanted to tell you... that the blonde out there, the one with the brown t-shirt," she says pointing out the window where several guys and girls are still talking." That's Brice, Tonie's ex-boyfriend." " You mean he broke it off totally?" I know I sound surprised because I am. "No, Tonie did." Mark sensing that he was no longer useful in this setting decided to take his leave. " Well, I 'll leave you all to your ...chitchat. Bye. Thanks Jenna." the bell finalizes his departure. "Oh,Your welcome!" I yell through the door. "Tonie called it off?." I repeat to myself. " Do you know why?" I ask. " Well, I think Mark didn't care enough to change anything. That's what she told me anyway." Cassie shruggs. "How's she handling it?" " I've actually been surprised at how well she's taking it. But anyway as you can see."gesturing to Brice who is outside laughing and talking with some other girls," He is obviously not bothered at all. It's pathetic."Cassie says looking disgusted."I shake my head "Gee... well I'm proud of Tonie anyway. I really thought Brice would come around." " Yeah, but anyway I've been trying to keep her busy. I wanted to know if you'de like to go to a movie and have dinner with us Friday night?" " I'de love to, what movie are you thinking about?" " Well, I thought we could just go to The Falls Cinema and see one of their "black and white" dollar specials. Is that o.k?" " I love those movies, that would be great." Cassie turns to go and says "Isn't Mark adorable?"I laugh and quote Jane Bennett in Pride and Prejudice, " He is everything a young man ought to be." She laughs and says "You and those Public T.V Station Movies." "Ha ha,Bye Cassie."

No comments:

Post a Comment