Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Part You Were Waiting For

As the day wears on I begin to wonder about Dad and if the Lord will ever move in his life. I decide to pray about it and tell the Lord that I trust Him but I'm feeling impatient. Mavice would say " Just keep castin' your biscuits on the creek." Which was her version of Ecclesiastes 11:1 that says "Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again." She used to say that when she was praying about something that seemed hopeless. For instance her youngest son, Dave, who turned from everything his parents had taught him. He rebelled and pursued a life filled with everything they opposed. She told me the whole story as it unfolded. I remember it so clearly. She was crushed but not without hope. She told me she wouldn't give up praying for Dave no matter what. That was the first time I heard her biscuits in the creek theory. Mavice meant that she believed that if she continuously lifted her son up to the Lord in prayer that one day she would reap the results of faithful intercession. Miraculously enough two years later her son got in with the right crowd you might say. He was challenged by peers instead of his parents and it really shook him. He started going to bible groups, then church and he eventually accepted Christ as his Savior. How I remember the day that Mavice and Bernard got a surprise visit from Dave. ( At this point the "Unshackled organ" begins to play..JUST KIDDING!) I was at their house for dinner as I often was and in walked Dave with a beautiful young woman. He introduced us to "Lark" his girlfriend. And then...he told his Mom and Dad all that had happened to him while he was away. We laughed and cried and rejoiced together when he shared that he had come to faith in the Lord. We rejoiced again when he shared that Lark was one of his reasons for going to church and that they were actually engaged! Everyone was hugging and teary. It was one of my most amazing experiences. To this day Dave and Lark are happily married and now have two children. Dave actually leads the children's ministry at our Church. The little bell rings over the shop door and I look up. It's Mark. "Hi Jenna, sorry I didn't make it over here yesterday. I had some stuff come up." he's smiling and looking like he wants to ask a question. "That's o.k, Was there something in particular you were looking for?" "Uhmm... yeah, I need a music book." "Alright, what's the name?" I ask walking to the computer. "It's "The Guitar Chord Bible"." "O.k" I begin to type in the search bar. " Are you learning a new song for for Thursday nights?" "No I'm actually teaching some music lessons." "Oh, cool" "Here it is, I actually have this in the shop,let me grab it for you." He follows me back to the rows of shelves. As I scan the titles he stands a little closer.Then seriously he says "Actually,Jenna, I've been talking to Pastor Daily and there's something else I'd like to ask you about."

No comments:

Post a Comment