A place for the expressing and collecting of interests, ideas and thoughts belonging to an unusual young woman.
Monday, March 4, 2013
The Detective Part
I go out to my car which is parked in the alley. I feel adventurous yet nervous. Maybe I should bring the Bronx, he does a good guard dog bluff. I check my purse for my cell phone , buckle up and pull onto the street in the direction of Lydia's house. I feel confident until I pull onto her road. Maybe this is crazy, I mean, we could be totally wrong.Turning into the neighborhood, I try and remember which house is hers, most of the homes are small ranchers built during the seventies so they all kind of look the same. I do remember though that Lydia's house had a peculiar olive green trim on brick.'There it is" I say to myself. I see that there is no car in her driveway. But Before I go in I decide to call her one more time. Slowly I dial her number. Still no answer. I gather up my courage and park the car. Keeping my cellphone in my hand I head to the door and ring the bell. One of those awful little ringing dinging noises starts up. I take a deep breath and try again. Still no answer. I look around and since its the middle of the day it seems most people are at work. No one is around so I begin too peek in the windows. Its hard to see through the curtains but I notice there is a light on toward the back of the house. I head around the corner peeking in every window I can reach. I look over my shoulder to see if anyone is watching. I still can't see anyone inside, I notice a cat on the sofa and a purse on the floor. This seems to be a sign that Lydia is home.Then I notice there's one more little window that is too high for me to see in, however there's a cinder block laying nearby and I decide to use it as a step. I push through the bushes and try not to make to much noise as I carefully climb atop my wobbly perch. Its actually a bathroom window, I nearly squeal when I spot Lydia, crumpled on the floor with her hands on her head. I proceed to tap the window and feel the awful sensation that I am loosing my balance. My left foot scrapes down the concrete and I splash into a boxwood.I wrestle my way out of the infernal shrubbery and go around to the back door and find it to be unlocked. My adrenalin is pumping and I hope I'm not mistaken and that she doesn't just have the flu or something.However everything seem to point to trouble. "Lydia, Lydia, its Jenna, are you o.k,can I come in? Hello?"I call out as I walk through the door. Then I hear a voice. I try to make my way to the bathroom. The house is a mess,there's a lamp knocked over and I'm stepping in glass on the kitchen floor, I notice too that a cell phone lies smashed on the table. Then I hear Lydia, "Jenna , I'm in here, I'm alright,its o.k." I turn the corner and my eyes widen to see Lydia sitting up in the bathroom floor with a black eye and a bloody lip. I gasp " Oh my gosh, Lydia you are not o.k, what happened!?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment