A place for the expressing and collecting of interests, ideas and thoughts belonging to an unusual young woman.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Intrigue...SUSPENSE! MURDER just kidding :)
The head officer calls Mark back over to the church. I follow along to hear what he has to say.
The tall man has a military cut and looks very much like you would expect him to. He introduces himself as Captain Milford.
"Your Minister is on his way right?" He asks " Yes Sir, he should be here any minute." Mark says nodding. "O.k, I'm just going to need to ask him some more questions for my report. However I want to ask you too, someone across the street said they saw a small blue pick up truck parked at the back of the church earlier this morning, Do either of you know who might drive that vehicle, if they attend church here or a reason they would have been here?" Mark and I look at each other. I wonder if I should say what i'm thinking, this is like something from a movie.Mark beats me to it, " Our cleaning lady drives a little blue pick -up, but she comes on Saturday." He writes that down and asks for her name. Gee, I hope we didn't just incriminate Lydia...this is weird especially since she wont answer her phone."Uh, her name is Lydia Bradshaw." Mark says looking worried.My mind is whirling. Just then we see Pastor Daily pulling into the parking lot. He walks briskly over. Seeming to be in shock he shakes the captains hand. He reintroduces himself as Captain Milford, and then the questioning. Mark and I decide that we should go. He and I begin to walk to the book shop. As we pass by The Daily Grind we see Mrs. Daily through the window putting on her coat. She rushes out the door hardly noticing us, making her way to the church. Mark and I make a pot of coffee when we get back to the store. We just sit there for a minute and then I break the silence. "Why do you suppose lydia's car was at the church today? I have been trying to call her all morning and she wouldn't answer. You know she missed our meeting this morning, that's never happened." I'm getting ahead of myself so I slow down.
Mark shakes his head solemnly."How well do you know her?" he asks after refilling his mug. "I think back to the first time I met her, I was working on some of the flower beds at church and she was coming in to clean. She seemed real friendly and we talked a bit after introducing ourselves. After she got the cleaning job she came to church every Sunday alone, I wouldn't have even known she was married if it weren't for her ring. " Well," I begin after summing up my thoughts," It's been three years or so , and I think I know her pretty well, she's been coming to the book club meetings and she always comes to church... I mean what are we even suggesting here?" I say finally getting frustrated at myself for even considering that Lydia was a possible culprit in the crime."We are not saying she did it. I just think we should look at this thing from all angles." Mark says calmly in response to my tenseness. I apologize. "Sorry for getting worked up." Mark reaches down and scrubs Bronxe's ears. " Have you ever met Lydia's husband?" he asks still looking down at his canine friend. "I think a couple of months back I saw him but he just dropped Lydia off at the store. I've never spoken to him."
" Do you think he's a descent guy or...and what's this about someone calling and telling Pastor Daily that the church was going to be broken into? how weird is that?" Mark reminded me, until this moment I had forgotten that. "This is starting to make some sense actually..." I say to Mark. His eyebrows raised " How so?" " You asked me if Lydia's husband was a descent guy, I have always gotten the idea that they were not or rather are not happy. Now she never came out and said that but that was the impression I got.So is he a descent guy? I am beginning to think not." "And you said Lydia didn't answer any of your calls?" "Nope" I think we had better go tell Captain Milford about this." I say"Good idea, but I have an idea too. You go tell the Captain and I am going to go see Lydia." Mark looks worried" Are you sure that's a good idea I mean what if he did do it, what if he's dangerous?" Here's what I'll do. I'll drive by , if the truck is there I'll leave, if its not I'll see if Lydia will talk to me." a bit concerned Mark says "I don't know about this." "Trust me."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment