A place for the expressing and collecting of interests, ideas and thoughts belonging to an unusual young woman.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Part IX
It's not like people are breaking down my door to get in but I like to be punctual. I begin my Monday routine. I get my duster out and go over the whole place. I check my little plug ins to make sure they're good and smelly. I wipe off the coffee table with some spray cleaner. I do love that lemon fresh smell. I find some books under the table. Among them is a gift Mavice gave to me on my birthday. She gave me the brown leather Bible the second year we were friends. As I open the cover I finger the worn gold edged pages. On a blank page is her dear inscription. It's soft from being touched so much. It has some little water marks too from tears at a particularly difficult time in my life. There in the midst of them in her elegant penmanship are these precious words,
No more wondering ,the answers are all here. In His Words we have truth, in His Life, hope,in His resurrection, joy.
Here we see we have so little, but he has so much and all for us, to lavish upon us, in His mercy and grace.
This is what He has given to you. There is nothing you cant face when you possess ALL THIS.
Love, Mavice
I don't cry much but I'm tempted to as I remember just how beautiful a person she was. She was my second mother.
The bell on the door rings, "Jenna, yoohoo!?" How I hate that "word" yoohoo. I try to get up but Mrs. Crandly is too fast for me."What are you doing down there sweetie?" she asks,noticing my eyes are red. " Oh, I..." What was I doing?" Honey, is it a man?,tell me all about it!" Mrs. Crandly is at my side in a flash patting my shoulder. "No no , I'm fine I was just cleaning.(that's it)She doesn't look convinced so she smiles and says,"Right , well if you wanna talk I'm here." Trying not to laugh I say "Well thank you." She's a little cooky but you cant help but love her. " Did you need something?" I ask wondering why she's here so early. "Oh yeah." She laughs because obviously she had totally forgotten." How does my window look to you? Do you think it looks overcrowded?"
" No , I think it looks great. I noticed it earlier." Shes gazing at me as if her whole day's mood is in the balance."Really, it looks beautiful." I reassure her. She is inspecting her window looking through mine. "Well good." She looks somewhat satisfied then laughs. " Well I'm gonna run along now, I'll be seein ya." She's frolicking out the door as she says "Dont let that man treat you bad, hear?." I just shake my head. Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment