Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm getting really concerned because we never see this kind of action in town. What could have happened?? Susan B., deciding that we need some positive thinking exclaims with deep concern, " Perhaps Pastor Daily has been...murdered! I read about these things all the time. It happens. Pastor preaches a sermon, some nut doesn't like it and bang..." "Good heavens." says Mr. Clives obviously perturbed.I hear Martin beside me say under his breath, " We can only be glad she reads and doesn't write...can you imagine."he chuckles to himself. Mrs. Batinkoff has a terrible look on her face. " I happen to know," began Mr. Clives."That Pastor Daily is away for the afternoon at a meeting in Charlottesville." Mrs. Batkinkoff smiles at him looking relieved. Is that a glimmer in his eye? Oh brother, a moment of romantic reprieve in the midst of a police raid! Our meeting is definitely unable to resume so I dismiss us. Everyone heads back out into the rain. However, I see Mr. Clives is going down the street towards the church. He looks like a type of Lt. Columbo from the back. I decide to follow him but first call Lydia. She cleans the Church so maybe she knows what's going on. Plus I'm a little surprised she didn't make it to our meeting. She's told me before its the highlight of her week. I dial her number, but get no answer. I send her a text but get no reply. One more time... still no answer. Now I'm worried about her. I've gotten the vibe that she isn't very happy at home. I hope she's o.k. Looking out the window my curiosity gets the better of me and I decide to set out for the church. Clad in my raincoat and holding a red umbrella I trek through the pouring rain and puddles to the old brick building.

No comments:

Post a Comment