Monday, January 14, 2013

The Next Lot

Several cars slow as they pass the church but speed up almost immediately.One of the cars flies past me and soaks my ankles. I see Mr. Clives is talking with Mark and an officer. I clutch the handle of my umbrella as Mark excuses himself and heads towards me. My heart is beating faster now. "Hey Jenna." "Hey, what's going on?" I ask trying to seem calm and collected. " Somebody broke into the church." "Oh my gosh, you're kidding!" "Nope, seems like whoever did it only "broke" into the Pastor's office. They apparently had a key for the main door." "But why? I mean what did they take?" " Well, I cant exactly be sure of everything until Pastor Daily gets here." ' So he's on his way?" "Yeah, he knows what's going on." " I think his new guitar is gone, the rear sound board is definitely gone and a pair of speakers too." "Oh man." I'm in disbelief of the facts just laid before me. Who on earth would do this in Canter Falls? "The weird thing to me though is that they had a key for the front door." "Well, I mean that's as long as no one left the door unlocked." " That's true." " So how did you find out about this?" " Pastor Daily called me and asked me to come over. Seems he got a text from a number he didn't recognize saying that the church was going to be broken into to." I just keep feeling more and more stumped and shocked. " So by the time Pastor daily called the police it was too late?" "Yep." "I just can't believe this." I repeat to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment