A place for the expressing and collecting of interests, ideas and thoughts belonging to an unusual young woman.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Part I
I sip my tea looking over the brim of my cup. I read recently that this was a Victorian tea party no no, ever since then I have felt a delicious liberation in doing so. How many strange little rules for society back then. Thing change unfortunately in today's society pretty much everything goes. Things haven't changed that much in Canter Falls however.
I reach forward and pull up the blinds on my window. What a beautiful view! The other half of Main Street and then beyond that the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'm so glad that this is my home. The fall foliage is peaking. "Incredible" is the only word to describe it. There's no place on earth I'd rather be. Its October and the most beautiful day I've seen all year. The thermometer says its a crisp fifty-nine degrees. Sweater weather...my favorite. I smile and wave at Mr. Bernard who is walking his dog. He walks "Old Mac" his black Scottie dog every morning of life at exactly seven thirty. The only morning he skipped was when his wife passed away six years back. Aside from being a very punctual elderly gentleman he loves my shop. My bookstore, "The Golden Leaves".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment