Thursday, February 16, 2012

Part V

Unfortunately and unbeknownst to me big dogs have big price tags. Therefore I went without a few luxuries and extras. I saved and planned . It was almost like bringing home a baby. I had his food all ready and his bed was beside mine with some toys and a doggy blanket. The leash and collar were on the seat beside me as I drove out to "Meadowlark Farm"   in my Geo Metro. I couldn't wait to pick up my handsome new boyfriend.
When I got there my "little puppy" was already quite a size.  I didn't want to seem stupid, so I hid my surprise.
However when the "daddy" dog came charging into the room there was no hiding my feelings. For some reason I felt like I was in the Sahara facing a mane less lion.Two things at this point came to mind ,one I think we need a bigger doggy bed, and two, maybe I should look into getting a truck in the near future. The breeders boasted that the Bronx's father was tight lipped(not so drooley), that he had produced two champions and was  fed raw meat once a week. When the six foot tall owner coaxed the dog to stand on his hind legs he reached the man's shoulders. " Wow, that's quite a dog." I smiled, thinking to myself, if he had antlers he'd be a moose! I wasn't afraid of him though, he was very gentle. By this point Bronx had already claimed me. He came waddling over and tried to fit himself onto my lap. I knew what my family would think...that I had gone nuts! I came from a long line of Daschound lovers." How did this happen?" they would ask. The thought of their response  cracked me up which only confirmed that  this was the perfect dog choice for me.On the way home Bronx sat in the passenger seat with the seat belt on. I think he was smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment