Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Part II


 I thought of that name about this time ten years ago when I  bought this building. I'll never forget when  I first saw Canter Falls  . I googled Main Streets of America and it was love at first sight. As a college student I liked a lot of things. I still do. I love the outdoors, cooking, gardening,history and art, and of course I love to read. I majored in English Literature and graduated with a dream of having a place where people could come and read about all the things they love. My Dad, being a successful entrepreneur, was happy to help me start my own business. So here I am Jenna Davis. I am single and the owner of a small bookstore.I'm living above the shop as they say, and on the cutest little Main Street in America.As I finish off my tea I notice Mrs. Crandly across the street. She's setting her front window for fall.  Pumpkins ,leaves, a scarecrow and of course "Hammy"the cat, have been nicely arranged behind the glass. Accept for Hammy, he arranges himself however he pleases.Sometimes much to the pleasure of tourists. He mostly prefers to be right in the middle of everything and upside down. He decided to be Mrs. Crandly's shop mascot and pet after she began feeding the stray every morning. Mrs. Crandly makes a somewhat comical picture in front of her store. She's examining her window and I see that she is wearing overalls, cowgirl boots and Laura Ingalls braids. I laugh. Cracking open my window I can smell coffee wafting up from "The Daily Grind". The shop is an adorable cafe/bakery with free wi-fi and the best cup of joe around. Pastor and Mrs Daily :) run the shop partly as a ministry to the college kids and the community here in Canter Falls. Every morning from six to seven you can hear the grinders going.I can hear Pastor Daily is  playing some solo piano c.d while they prepare to open. Mr. and Mrs. Daily have been a real blessing to me.They have taken me under their wing I guess you could say.   When I first moved here they and their then teenage kids helped me unpack my moving van. I  go to their church and love the fellowship there. The people really care about each other and no one rushes to get home after the service. Its really unique. On Thursday nights they host a DVD Bible study at the shop . I enjoy the class very much. I'm so thankful that God led me here ,things might have been very different for me if He hadn't. I am thrilled to be in this community and take  part in what God is doing here. I lean back in my swivel chair, ahh... yes I love this place.

1 comment:

  1. This is obviously in the fantasy genre, as no realistic Pastor Daily could possibly be up at 6 doing anything productive, much less being nice at such an intolerable hour.

    ReplyDelete