I'm beginning to get excited about wearing a scarf so I change out of my p.j's. Coming down the stairs that connect my apartment and my shop is one long creeeaaakcraaaack. I could never sneak up on anybody that's for sure. The Bronx is right behind me and I hope he doesn't miss a step.Once he slipped and we landed in a heap twelve steps later.I grab his leash from a hook on the wall and we're off. A dozen tiny birds fly out of the bushes by my front door. Their little wings pound against the air making a fluttering sound. I always feel sorry to disturb them. Bronx is using his over sized nose to sniff out the cafe.As we pass by the window I wave to Mrs. Daily. She is in the back rolling out pastry dough. She waves back with a floured hand.
Living on Main Street with Bronx causes a small problem since he is such a big dog. He is so large that he can barely turn around in the tiny courtyard behind the shop. It doesn't matter though he and I enjoy these morning walks. Its good exercise too.
Several years ago I felt a little lonely living in the shop all by myself so I decided to get a dog. I thought a dog would be good company and a bigger dog would make me feel safe. So I figured on a lab or a largish beagle. However when I saw an advertisement for Mastiff puppies on The Daily Grind bulletin board I was sold.With that face, that dark muzzle and those big brown eyes I knew he was the man for me. So I tore off the phone number and called that very day.
No comments:
Post a Comment